- Pantaloon offers loyalty programs for three different retail store formats:
- “Shakti Credit Card” exclusively for housewives at Big Bazaar stores in association with ICICI Bank.
- They only need to show their Big Bazaar bill of more than Rs. 500 and a lifestyle proof like club membership card etc. to use this card (at Food Bazaar outlets too). The card carries no fee and comes with a credit limit of Rs 5,000 with 50 days' credit period.
- Central-ICICI Bank card for its Central Mall customers. Benefits: Reward points and a zero percent EMI option.
- Green card for its Apparel business which has exclusive discounts and privileges with Apparel, perfumes & cosmetics, toys, Planet Sports & accessories. They practice a 4 – tier (1, 3, 5, and 7- Star) approach to cater to different segments.
90% of HUL customers pay with cash. This fact prompted the behemoth to come up with a pilot of a loyalty program to drive consumption and build relationships with customers in this category. HUL test marketed the program in
The program will allow customers to earn points for all HUL products purchased with cash. The points can then be redeemed for rewards including HUL's own products, electronic items or travel tickets. The program will allow the company to track the buying habits of its cash customers, a technique crucial to maintaining market share by targeting low value transactions.
SBI cards and the retail chain Lifestyle announced the launch of a co-branded card to target
the frequent shoppers. The program offers four reward points for every Rs 100 spent at any of the eight Lifestyle stores, transaction fee waivers and reward points on fuel purchases above Rs 400 on IndianOil and IBP
gas pumps. SBI has also launched a co-branded card with Vishal Mega Mart.
Esprit Privilege Card (EPC) has been launched in
enter the EPC Red Card, which grants cardholders a 10% discount at Esprit stores. Red Card holders also receive alerts to new products, special offers, and previews of seasonal collections.
Customers who make purchases of Rs.25,000 or more during a one-year period are upgraded to EPC Platinum Card membership. Benefits (Platinum level) include 10% off on every purchase made, invitations to VIP events, preview shows and special sales.